Bentley Downs Stonehill, 9-0
Freshman Thomas Alaimo battled at No. 3 singles before falling 6-4, 6-4.
Falcons hand Skyhawks first NE-10 loss, snap five game winning streak
WALTHAM, Mass. (March 30, 2012) – Bentley University, ranked fifth in the first edition of the NCAA Division II East Regional rankings released this week, didn't drop a set in posting a 9-0 victory over Stonehill College, ranked eighth in the region, in Northeast-10 Conference men's tennis action this afternoon.
Seniors Zach Tuckman (Kinnelon, N.J./Morristown Beard School) and Alec Spycher (Sarasota, Fla./Saint Stephens Episcopal) and juniors Lucas Wever (Sao Paulo, Brazil) and Rodrigo Ribeiro (Sao Paulo, Brazil) as well as sophomore Andrew Waddington (Granby, Conn./Granby Memorial) were all double winners to lead the way for Bentley. Sophomore Jimmy Rindo (Lowell, Mass./Lowell) also picked up a point with his win at No. 4 singles.
Stonehill freshman Thomas Alaimo (North Andover, Mass./Central Catholic) battled Ribeiro at No. 3 singles, falling 6-4, 6-4. Sophomore Brett Armstrong (Manville, R.I./Mount Saint Charles Academy) dropped a tough 6-4, 7-6 decision at No. 5 singles to Spycher.
Stonehill (10-2, 4-1 NE-10) returns to action on Sunday when it hosts Assumption College for an NE-10 matchup at 3 p.m. Please note the change to this makeup of last weekend's rainout as the teams will now play at Stonehill and not Assumption on Sunday. Bentley (10-4, 6-0 NE-10) hosts Saint Michael's College on Sunday at 1 p.m.
Bentley 9, Stonehill 0
1. Lucas Wever (BEN) def. Eric Ringstad (STO) 6-0, 6-4
2. Zach Tuckman (BEN) def. Nick Hyzak (STO) 6-2, 6-0
3. Rodrigo Ribeiro (BEN) def. Thomas Alaimo (STO) 6-4, 6-4
4. Jimmy Rindo (BEN) def. Aaron Bergeron (STO) 6-3, 6-3
5. Alec Spycher (BEN) def. Brett Armstrong (STO) 6-2, 6-0
6. Andrew Waddington (BEN) def. Jared Drzal (STO) 6-4, 7-6
1. Tuckman/Ribeiro (BEN) def. Bergeron/Ringstad (STO) 8-3
2. Raghav Tanna/Spycher (BEN) def. Armstrong/Hyzak (STO) 8-2
3. Waddington/Wever (BEN) def. Drzal/Alaimo (STO) 8-2
* - doubles matches played first