Hammersley tallies nine saves (PHOTO BY: Mary Gettens)
RINDGE, New Hampshire (October 26, 2019) – The Stonehill College men's soccer team was defeated by Franklin Pierce University Saturday afternoon on Sodexo Field in Northeast-10 Conference play with a score of 2-0.
By the Numbers
- Stonehill (4-9-1, 2-6-1 NE10) saw Andrew Hammersley with nine saves in the loss
- Franklin Pierce University (10-3-1, 8-2 NE10) saw Isak Helgason and Antonio Ferreira with the goals, while Niklas Laudahn and Javier Garcia Borras recorded the assists.
- The Ravens outshot the Skyhawks 26-4, while Stonehill was called for 11 fouls and Franklin Pierce was called for six.
How it Happened:
- In the seventh minute of play, Franklin Pierce saw an early chance at about 30 yards out as Stonehill was called for their first foul of the game. Cristobal Andrew sent the strike right into the hands of Hammersley for the first save of the game at 6:03.
- Stonehill responded about four minutes later with a shot from Keegan Nutt that was stopped by Clay Thomas at 10:40.
- In their attacking third, the Skyhawks saw much action as there was back-to-back shots on goal, a corner kick, and a shot sent wide in the 24th minute of play, but the Raven's defense stood their ground.
- A few minutes later, the Ravens' saw Carlos Felis sent a ball high over the crossbar off a set piece in the 28th minute.
- Sixteen minutes into the second half, Helgason put the Ravens' up one, 1-0, as he sent a one timer to the back right post after Laudahn's lateral movement and pass off the side of his foot at 61:47.
- The Ravens persisted and eight minutes later, Garcia Borras sent a pass from the left slot to Ferreira, who took one dribble before launching the ball from the side of the six-yard box to the right upper 90, extending the lead to two, 2-0, at 69:16.
Hammersley tallied nine saves (PHOTO BY: SportsPix)
Stonehill travels to Syracuse, New York for a NE10 Conference matchup on Tuesday, October 29 to face Le Moyne College with a 3:00 p.m. start time before hosting Saint Michael's College on Saturday, November 2 at 11:00 a.m. on Skyhawk Field.
For the latest on Stonehill Athletics, follow the Skyhawks via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Stonehill Skyhawks "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.