Poveda tallied her 14th double-double of her career
EASTON, Massachusetts (October 12, 2019) – The Stonehill College saw a .224 hitting percentage as they got past Northeast-10 Conference foe Franklin Pierce University, 3-1, Saturday afternoon at Merkert Gymnasium with set scores of 25-18, 25-21, 24-26, 25-19.
By The Numbers:
- Sophia Poveda registered her 14th-career double-double with a team high 16 kills and 10 digs.
- Rachel Dunlavy saw a team-high 20 digs and three aces.
- Clare Feeman chipped in four blocks and eight kills.
- The Ravens' Tessa Brandt led the match with 14 kills, while Ellie Ivanova tallied a match-high 22 digs.
- Brandt and Jocelyn Moody each chipped in 10 digs.
Dunlavy tallied a team high 20 digs (PHOTO BY: SportsPix/Mike Tureski)
How it happened:
- Stonehill saw a strong lead in the first game, as Franklin Pierce saw its first lead 12-11, but the Skyhawks went on a 14-6 rally for a 25-18 win.
- The highest hitting percentage of the game, .321, was tallied by the Skyhawks in the second set, as they secured a second game win 25-21.
- In the third game, the Raven's calculated their highest hitting clip of the game, .318. Franklin Pierce fought back-and-forth until they were able to take their first set of the game, 26-24.
- The Ravens kicked off the fourth game with a solid five-point lead, 7-2, but the Skyhawks tied up the game, 7-7, before seeing their own lead, 11-9. Franklin Pierce tied the set, 18-18, but Stonehill's Molly Turner served for four-straight points including one of two of her aces in the match, as Stonehill went on a 6-1 run to take the game, 25-19.
Outside the Lines:
- The Skyhawk's bounced back from a three-match losing streak with the victory, while the Ravens now have had four-straight losses.
Stonehill (9-6, 2-2 NE10) plays in its final non-conference game of the season as they travel to face the University of Bridgeport on Tuesday, October 15 with a start time of 7:00 p.m.
During the month of October, the Skyhawks will be collecting donations for the Side-Out Foundation to help fund breast cancer education and cutting edge research and treatment. If you would like to make a donation, please click here to access the Stonehill Volleyball Side-Out Foundation Campaign.
For the latest on Stonehill Athletics, follow the Skyhawks via social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Fans can also download the Stonehill Skyhawks "Front Row" mobile app, powered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and the Android Market.